Let us Help you navigate through your Long Term Care insurance options!
 Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Aetna LTC

Author: Jim Sterling 
Date:   09-03-03 16:25

Do you know anything about Aetna's LTC product? What are the pluses and minuses? I hear a lot about John Hancock and MetLife, how does Aetna TLC compare?

Re: Aetna LTC

Author: Tony Dillard 
Date:   09-04-03 15:27

Aetna built a plan for the Teacher's Retirement System of Texas (TRS). You may review the plan and premiums at the following website: http://www.aetna.com/group/trs/

It seems as though Aetna is promoting LTCI more and more to their existing groups. The only plus to their plan, which is a true group plan, is the initial open enrollment which allows all active employees to purchase coverage regardless of insurability. The minuses, well there are too many to list, but I will try to name a few. Keep in mind that I am only listing deficiencies in the TRS plan as I do not know if this is true with all of their group LTCI cases.

Unlimited benefits are not available
Compound Inflation not available
50% HHC (no other choices)
90 EP (no other choices)
Daily Benefit Choices - $100, $125, $150

I have no experience with either Metlife's or John Hancock's group LTCI plans. I have however recently reviewed the John Hancock plan offered to GM employees. It is in my opinion more limited than the Aetna plan offered to the TRS of Texas.

I hope you find this information helpful.

My Best,
Tony Dillard

Author: Rick Sapp 
Date:   10-23-03 17:48

Tony,

Thanks for all your information. Not just here, but throughout this board.

Rick

Author: Tony Dillard 
Date:   10-24-03 14:04

No, thank you for responding. I am here to help, not hinder. My office speaks from experience only.

Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

© 1996- 2014 , LTCinsurance.Com, All rights reserved. Privacy Policy

Texas license# 1270417