Providing LTC information since 1996
Most people have been effected by the terrible cost of providing proper care to a loved one who’s ability to provide for themselves has declined. We all take for granted our ability to perform the basic Activities of Daily Living such as dressing, meal preparation and bathing. Once these tasks cannot be performed independently, assisted care is needed and that is provided by either a relative, loved one or through paid skilled assistance.
The details regarding LTC and Long Term Care Insurance
- Know your options – LTC Insurance policy basics
- Understand the terminology – Long term care insurance policy definitions
- Review care giving recent events with – Our library of LTC articles
- Government LTC insurance bills, regulations and laws – Recent government LTC regulations
- Ask or post a question – The LTC Insurance forum
What is long term care insurance?
Long-Term Care Insurance is an insurance policy where the insurance company will pay pre-specified daily benefits (X dollars per day) if the buyer needs long-term care, which can be assisted living, nursing homes, or in home care.
How the consumer pays for Long Term Care
1) Long Term Care insurance policy 2) Cash 3) Welfare
These are only three means to pay for this type of care. Most people today have no idea what supportive and assisted living services cost in a nursing facility and at home, and have no concept of how these services are paid for. Learn More »